Fixed Fiat amount request
Modify existing Payment request.
- Include Memo Field so sender can include additional data
Change QR Code Generated to include:
- "Request with amount data" to be included (1) fiat amount and (2) fiat type .
- Include memo field data in QR Code.
- Scans senders Xumm QR Code with Xumm and QR Code populates:
- Payers 'send payment' data (1) Fiat amount (2) fiat type
- Sender’s memo field data
- Xumm automatically populates with the equivalent XRP.
- Payer sends payment in XRP.
The above process sends fixed fiat value (equivalent in XRP - variable) regardless of when the QR Code is scanned, and payment sent.
I appreciate there is some currency risk following payment however this risk is manageable by the sender, if desired.
I suggest this is a viable interim measure of fixed fiat payments until more formalized currencies (e.g. CBDC) exist on the XRPL.